BEST WESTERN PLUS Uptown Hotel
205 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC V5T 3J5
Phone: 604/267-2000 | Fax: 604/872-6072 | 69 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Hotels on Kingsway, Vancouver offer a great location with public transit easily available, and are near the Canada Line and Expo Line for SkyTrain access.
Our competitive price is just one way we stand out amongst Kingsway hotels. Prices are very competitive and medical discounts as well as extended-stay discounts are available. Best Western Vancouver hotels combine value with top service, such as our 24-hour customer service and business center.
As a 100% non-smoking hotel, we¿re committed to making every guest's stay comfortable. Hotels in Vancouver are close to Granville Island, Gastown, Chinatown, Stanley Park and Telus World of Science. We¿re on several bus routes, so it's easy to explore the region. Located one mile from the Pacific Central Station where buses and Amtrak are headquartered, day trips are simple.
Our Vancouver hotel is a Green Key hotel, with a Two key rating and recycling bins in every room. Many guests choose us while in town to attend a special event like the Vancouver Sun Run, Gay Pride Parade and the annual fireworks display at English Bay. Guests also benefit from our customer-driven focus combined with a great location.
This Vancouver hotel is in close proximity to sporting events like Roger's Arena and BC Place Stadium. Popular events include NHL hockey games and CFL football games. Queen Elizabeth Theatre is also nearby and regularly hosts concerts and live theatre. If you¿re in town for business with Canada Revenue Agency or Loblaws®, mixing in a little pleasure with a game or concert is easy. Our hotel also regularly hosts Greyhound drivers and employees of Buy Low, Great Northern Way and Kwantlen College.
Free underground parking and room service is available, and our famous free deluxe breakfast is featured daily with choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee. Free daily newspapers, free Wi-Fi, and free luggage storage services are also an option.
Reserve your next stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Uptown Hotel today!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site, Salt & Pepper Bar & Grill
- Exercise facility, complimentary, open from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Fitness Solarium
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast
- 24-hour front desk
- Ice/vending machines
- Parking for the physically challenged, two spaces, 24 hours, free
- Free parking, underground, 24 hours
- Photocopy services
- Fax services, fax machine available at front desk 24 hours
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- Foreign currency exchange At front desk only USD up to $100.00. Money Mart 2 blocks away from hotel
- Late check out on request only, not guaranteed
- Safe deposit box, available at the front desk
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms.
- Business center, 24-hours, free
- Lobby computer, available 24 hours
- Printer available
- Mail services, out going mail daily
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Complimentary newspaper, at front desk.
- Dry cleaning, same day service available
- Luggage assistance available from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Uptown Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus uptown hotel in Vancouver.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Uptown Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus uptown hotel in Vancouver, British Columbia is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 49.261825 / Latitude: -123.098365
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The south. If coming from the Canada/US Border, follow Highway 99, which becomes Oak Street. Then follow to Broadway, turn right and follow to Kingsway, and turn right again. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Uptown Hotel is 2 blocks down on the left.
From: The east. From Highway 1, take Grandview Highway Exit. Grandview turns into 12th. Make a right turn onto Kingsway. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Uptown Hotel is 2 blocks down on the right side.
From: The north. Cross Lion's Gate Bridge and turn onto Provincial Route 1A East. Take Highway 1A East Ramp. Make a right turn onto Main, Main becomes Kingsway. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Uptown Hotel is on the left side.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Uptown Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The Art Emporium of Vancouver is Canada's oldest art gallery. The gallery was open to the public in 1897 and has continued to be a place for artists to gather and display their work since then. It remains to be a key element in Vancouver's art scene. The Art Emporium has also become an art dealer.
After the Emporium was relocated to South Granville, additional buildings were restored to art galleries, to form what is known as Gallery Row. Enjoy strolling through the galleries to better appreciate British Columbia's art. Check into a comfortable Best Western guest room for a peaceful night's rest, in beautiful Vancouver.
Golf enthusiasts in the Vancouver area, should take time to connect with the sport's rich history, while in the city. Schedule plenty of time to tour the BC Golf Museum, located adjacent to the University of British Columbia's 17th tee. This wonderful museum is housed in the University Golf Club clubhouse, the oldest surviving golf clubhouse in the province. Stroll through the museum to view the variety of exhibits.
Learn about the history of the sport from its beginnings in Europe to recent Canadian events. Browse the clubs display, books, bags display and golf memorabilia. The BC Golf House library features a wonderful collection of reference books. Before leaving, take a few moments to view the inductees in the Golf Hall of Fame British Columbia. Choose one of the local Best Western hotels, for an enjoyable night's rest in Vancouver.
BC Place, located in downtown Vancouver, is one of the most prized, multi-purpose venues in the region. A fan favorite, the stadium is primarily the home of the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League and the Vancouver White Caps of Major League Soccer.
The stadium was recently renovated in 2009 and 2011 to enhance and modernize the game day experience, most notably with the addition of a retractable roof and jaw-dropping, high definition scoreboard. The stadium has hosted many different crowd-pleasing events over the years, like renowned concerts, the 2014 Heritage Classic, and even the 2010 Winter Olympics.
The BC Sports Hall of Fame & Museum, located in central Vancouver showcases a wonderful collection of British Columbia sports artifacts, photographs, interactive exhibits, galleries and displays. Stroll through the 20,000 square foot museum to view exhibits in the 20 galleries and learn about Vancouver and British Columbia's sports history.
Visit the revitalized Hall of Fame to view the Paralympics Inspirations Celebration Gallery, in addition to the Hall of Fame inductees. The Artifact collection boasts of more than 21,000 pieces from the last 100 years. The extensive archival collection also offers a wealth of knowledge for those seeking additional information. Check into one of the several local Best Western hotels, to enjoy comfortable lodging and excellent guest services.
Located in northern Vancouver, the Capilano Suspension Bridge has been delighting tourists with its dazzling views and thrills since 1889. Aside from the impressive bridge, guests can also traverse the entirety of the park, featuring the Cliffwalk, Treetops Adventure, Story Centre, and Kia’Palano, each provide unique, thrilling experiences.
Aside from the outstanding views, the park also provides guided, group tours, with expert Capilano employees giving one-of-a-kind insight to the Suspension Bridge Park. Additionally, be sure to stop by the gift shop and Logger’s Grill, for insatiable meals, ideal for satisfying an appetite the size of Canada.
Named after local legend, “Gassy” Jack Deighton, Gastown is now a historical district found in brimming downtown Vancouver. Attracting year round visitors for its abundance of sights and entertainment, Gastown was once the locale of the region’s first saloon as well, giving way to its growth and historical significance.
Still, Gastown has plenty of modern charm and fun to offer visitors year round. Gastown proudly acts the central location for great culture, food, and fashion representing Vancouver. With a bustling nightlife and frequent local events, you’ll want to visit Gastown as soon as possible.
The Granville Island Public Market
A hotspot for tourism and entertainment, Granville Island is situated across False Creek from downtown Vancouver, British Columbia. Beneath the south end of the Granville Street Bridge, residents and visitors flock to the Island for shopping, art, and much more.
The Granville Island Public Market offers fifty permanent retailers – in addition to a farmers' market and over a hundred day-vendors – offering Vancouver-local produce, cottage-industry foods, and handmade crafts. Adding to the sights and sounds, street performers, artists, musicians, and magicians line the streets in front of the famous La Baguette Bakery.
Open throughout the year, the Lulu Island Winery is one of the largest wineries in Richmond – right in the middle of the Vancouver metropolitan area. Visitors are encouraged to take advantage of complimentary tastings of Lulu Island’s many popular wines, including table wines, fruit wines, and icewines all made on site.
Lulu Island Winery orders both grapes and berries from Okanagan Valley and Fraser Valley, bringing Richmond visitors the best British Columbia has to offer. Bring back some Lulu Island wines to a Best Western hotel in Richmond, Vancouver, or Burnaby – a short and scenic drive from Lulu Island Winery.
Recreational enthusiasts have plenty of reasons to visit North Vancouver. Popular activities include skiing and flying down a zipline at Grouse Mountain, mountain biking and hiking. Lynn Canyon Park, established in 1912, grew from twelve acres to 617-acres throughout the years, remaining one of the city's prominent parks. The park features numerous hiking trails, including the popular Baden-Powell Trail. Schedule plenty of time to explore this magnificent park.
Bring along your swimming suit for a dip in one of the park's swimming holes or relax under one of the 80 to 100 year-old trees, while enjoying a picnic lunch. Be sure to cross the 160-foot high Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge. Before leaving the park, visit the Lynn Canyon Ecology Centre to stroll through the natural history museum and view the interactive exhibits. There is plenty of outdoor fun to be had in the Vancouver area. Make yourself at home in one of the local Vancouver area Best Western hotels, to enjoy the comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
Known by locals as one of the coolest shopping and eating districts in the city, the Mount Pleasant district offers eclectic shopping experiences catered to different tastes. Surrounded by a vibrant neighborhood and beautiful mountain views, roaming Mount Pleasant is one of the best ways to spend a day in Vancouver.
Located southeast of downtown Vancouver, Mount Pleasant and the affiliated Mount Pleasant Business Improvement Area represent over 350 local business where visitors can shop, eat, and play. There is something to do at all times of the day, including the Mount Pleasant self-guided walking tour exploring the district's working-class history and architecture. For night owls, don't miss the area's active nightlife culture.
Free to the public throughout the year, the Richmond Nature Park is must-do for those looking for outdoor adventure in Richmond and the Vancouver metropolitan area. A beautiful 200-acre spot of southern British Columbia, Richmond Nature Park has everything from an educational and interpretive Nature House to seven total kilometers of hiking trails.
Bird watchers, keep an eye out for hummingbirds in the spring, and owls and northern migratory birds in the fall at the Richmond Nature Park. See the natural side of Vancouver during your time in the city, and settle into to a Best Western hotel in Richmond, Vancouver, or Burnaby.
Located in downtown Vancouver, Robson Street thoroughfare provides a host of entertainment, culture, great food, and upscale shopping. The district is known throughout Vancouver as being one of the more high-end regions in the city and province, housing a variety of desirable venues like BC Place, Vancouver Art Gallery, and Stanley Park.
Robson Street is known for its wealth of upscale shopping as well – featuring brand-named retailers, fine dining, and also a dash of small, neighbourhood-market stores, letting it maintain its small charm once held during its development in the late 1800s.
Enter a world where science is fun for all ages. Science World at Telus World of Science in Vancouver, is ready for your exploration. Since 1977, the Vancouver community has enjoyed hands-on science exhibits, from the efforts of Barbara Brink. At the completion of the 1986 World's Fair, the geodesic dome building used as the Expo Centre, became the home for Science World. After renovations and additions, this incredible center overlooking False Creek, opened in 1988.
Visit the center to see the Da Vinci - The Genius exhibit, watch one or more of the feature films in the Science Theater or enjoy a full-screen movie experience in the OMNIMAX Theatre. The exhibit galleries at Science World include, Bodyworks, Eureka, Kidspace, Our World, Search and Science News & Views.
Be sure to watch one of the amazing demonstrations at the Daily Centre Stage that occur throughout the day. Science World also hosts a variety of programs and events throughout the year for all ages. Schedule plenty of time to see and do it all. Stay close to this wonderful attraction, as a guest of Best Western hotels, where comfortable accommodations and excellent guest amenities await.
Located in the east end of Vancouver, Stanley Park is a top destination for urban dwellers and travelers alike. Covering 1,001 acres (or 400 hectares) on the east border of downtown Vancouver, the park preserves the West Coast rainforest as it once was from the late 1800's before the city's growth. Densely forested, Vancouver's largest urban park contains approximately half a million trees, some of which are still hundreds of years old.
Over 8 million people visit each year to this National Historic Site of Canada. Features include the noteworthy seawall, a 5.5 mile (or 8.8 kilometre) walkway around the park open to bicyclists and pedestrians and the Stanley Park miniature train. Many hiking trails cross the park, and there are plenty of lookout spots with views of the surrounding Pacific Ocean. For more comfortable exploration, visitors can catch one of the bus, shuttle or horse drawn carriage tours.
While in the vibrant city of Vancouver, enjoy a tour of the 993-acre University of British Columbia campus, located six miles west of downtown. This public research university continues its research education in a variety of research centres, including the UBC Farm. This twenty-four acre farm on the university's south campus, is maintained by the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems. Enjoy a tour of this "living laboratory" to see the crop fields, orchards and perennials.
University students study innovative sustainability, as active stewards of the farm land, with a focus on community service. Local Vancouver residents have the opportunity to participate in the farm's Growing Season Workshop Series, that include cooking classes, plant breeding and cheese making workshops. Visit the farm between June and October, on Saturdays, for the Farm Markets where a variety of local produce, flowers and baked goods are on sale. While in town, check into one of the local Best Western hotels for comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
While in the British Columbia coastal city of Vancouver, take a break for a round of golf. Visit the beautiful University of British Columbia Golf Club, a non-member golf club, located west of downtown Vancouver. Before hitting the tees, begin your day at the year-round driving range, to practice your swing. With twenty covered stalls and thirty uncovered mats in the grass, there are plenty of spots available.
Once ready for action, begin the fun on the 18-hole par-72 golf course, among the University Endowment Lands' forests. Take your time sizing up the narrow fairways, while avoiding the old growth trees throughout the course. Take a lunch break in the Westward Ho! Public House and Grill Room, for a delicious meal, snack or your favorite beverage. Stroll through the BC Golf Museum before leaving the course. Stay close the university, in a comfortable Best Western guest room and make the most of your time in the city.
Located in scenic Vancouver, the Vancouver Aquarium has been delighting visitors of all ages since its opening in 1956 as the Canada’s first public aquarium. Moreover, the aquarium also has the proud distinction of Canada’s largest aquarium as well.
On hand, guests will find more than 50,000 creatures from all over the globe. Family-favorite exhibits include the likes of Tropic Zone, Canada’s Arctic, Graham Amazon Gallery, and much more. Visit today and create your own experience, as the aquarium frequently hosts a variety of special events and promotions.
Handling over 17 million passengers per year, Vancouver International Airport (YVR) serves the Vancouver, British Columbia region. Owned by Transport Canada and operated by the Vancouver Aiport Authority, YVR has three terminal buildings, three runways and three helipads.
Canada's second busiest airport, YVR is a hub for Air Canada and Air Transat. YVR serves as a gateway to Asia with scheduled flights by a large number of major airlines like American Airlines, British Airways, Japan Air, Air China, Korean Air, United Airlines and Delta Airlines.
Drawing an annual average of over 150,000 movie buffs, Vancouver International Film Festival is held in venues across Vancouver, British Columbia. Hosted by Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society, the event is one of the five largest film festivals in North America.
Vancouver International Film Centre is the primary venue for the Festival, for which administrators of the event also manage year-round programming. Popular films showcased at previous years’ Festivals include Michael Moore’s Bowling For Columbine and Gwen Haworth’s She’s a Boy I Knew.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0 kilometer(s) from Ticket Master (604-280-4400)
- 0 kilometer(s) from Sightseeing tours, hotel pick up
- 1.5 kilometer(s) from Vancouver Trade & Convention Center, CN Imax Theatre
- 1.5 kilometer(s) from disco and nightclub, 6:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- 1.5 kilometer(s) from Emily Carr Institute of Art
- 1.5 kilometer(s) from Van Duesen Gardens, outdoor gardens
- 1.5 kilometer(s) from Vancouver Art Gallery
- 1.5 kilometer(s) from Stanley Park, petting zoo, aquarium, miniature train
- 1.5 kilometer(s) from Arts Club Theatre Company, Granville Island, live theatre
- 1.5 kilometer(s) from Famous Players Theatre, downtown Vancouver, movie theatre
- 1.5 kilometer(s) from Orpheum Concert Hall
- 1.5 kilometer(s) from Yaletown Museum
- 1.5 kilometer(s) from theater
- 2 kilometer(s) from GM Place
- 3 kilometer(s) from Vancouver Aquarium, located in Stanley park
- 3 kilometer(s) from Croation Cutural Centre
- 3 kilometer(s) from Italian Cultural Centre
- 4 kilometer(s) from Cineplex Odeon Theatres, Metrotown Mall, movie theatres
- 5.5 kilometer(s) from Richmond Go-Kart Track
- 5.5 kilometer(s) from Vancouver Museum, located at H.R. MacMillan Space Center
- 7 kilometer(s) from Museum of Anthropology, located at University of British Columbia
- 11 kilometer(s) from Fraser Downs, horse racing
- 12 kilometer(s) from Greater Vancouver Zoo, located in Aldergrove
- 0.01 kilometer(s) from Kings Gate Mall
- 1.50 kilometer(s) from Pacific Centre Mall, downtown Vancouver
- 8.00 kilometer(s) from Lonsdale Quay Market
- 12.00 kilometer(s) from Metrotown/Metropolis Mall
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 6 kilometer(s) from Burnaby
- 6 kilometer(s) from North Vancouver
- 6 kilometer(s) from West Vancouver
- 6 kilometer(s) from New Westminster
- 9 kilometer(s) from Coquitlam
- 10 kilometer(s) from Richmond
- 15 kilometer(s) from Surrey
- 19 kilometer(s) from Maple Ridge
- 20 kilometer(s) from Delta
- 30 kilometer(s) from Langley
- 35 kilometer(s) from Aldergrove
- 60 kilometer(s) from Abbotford
- 75 kilometer(s) from Harrison Hot Springs
- 80 kilometer(s) from Chilliwack
- 120 kilometer(s) from Hope
- .01 kilometer(s) from Cantu Plumbing & Lighting, Across street
- .01 kilometer(s) from Regency Toyota & Honda
- .02 kilometer(s) from Vancouver Community College
- 7 kilometer(s) from University of British Columbia
- 9 kilometer(s) from Simon Fraser University
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- .01 kilometer(s) from billiards/snooker
- .01 kilometer(s) from Robson Park, outdoor basketball, 6:00 a.m. tp 8:00 p.m.
- .01 kilometer(s) from Mount Pleasant Community , table tennis
- .01 kilometer(s) from Fitness World, (aerobic instructor) 11:00 to 11:00 p.m.
- 1.5 kilometer(s) from football
- 1.5 kilometer(s) from ice skating
- 1.5 kilometer(s) from Granville Island, boating and sailing
- 2 kilometer(s) from jogging track
- 4 kilometer(s) from spa facilities
- 5 kilometer(s) from bowling
- 6 kilometer(s) from Kitsilano Beach
- 6.5 kilometer(s) from Jericho Beach
- 8 kilometer(s) from golf and driving range
- 9 kilometer(s) from Grouse Mountain, skiing, hiking
- 10 kilometer(s) from Nat Bailey Stadium/Park, baseball
- 11 kilometer(s) from Cypress Mountain, skiing
- 11 kilometer(s) from Seymour Mountain, skiing, hiking
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this Vancouver, British Columbia hotel.
- Salt & Pepper Bar & Grill, on premises, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Restaurant hours are: 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Lounge is open: 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- 0.01 kilometer(s) from Monsoon Restaurant & Lounge, brasserie, Indian, open for: lunch, dinner. Hours are: 12:00 Noon to 1:00 a.m. Indian and Pacific Rim cuisine.
- 0.01 kilometer(s) from Martini's, full service, Greek, open for: lunch, dinner. Hours are: 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. weekdays, and 4:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. weekends. Greek/Italian cuisine.
- 0.16 kilometer(s) from Sushiyama, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner. Hours are: 11:00 a.m. to midnight
- 0.40 kilometer(s) from Burgoo, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner. Open daily from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Bishop's Fine Dining, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Uptown Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Vancouver. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Forbidden Vancouver Presents: Prohibition City Walking Tour Learn about Vancouver back in the prohibition-era as you explore some of the best buildings in the city. The tour departs from Cathedral Square at 6:30 p.m.
Mötley Crüe: The Final Tour
Come join the audience at the Rogers Arena for this farewell tour. Mötley Crüe takes the stage at 7 p.m.
35th Society of Environmental Toxicology & Chemistry North America Annual Meeting SETAC hosts their annual meeting at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
Vancouver Polar Bear Swim Take the plunge into English Bay at 2:30p.m. during this annual tradition.
Alabama | Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Washington D.C. | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming