BEST WESTERN PLUS Sands
1755 Davie Street, Vancouver, BC V6G 1W5
Phone: 604/682-1831 | Fax: 604/682-3546 | 119 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
Guests looking for the best in quality and service at hotels in downtown Vancouver don¿t need to look any further.
Our Vancouver hotel is well-known for friendly customer service and well-appointed rooms. We¿re close to a variety of must-see attractions. The top destinations are a short walk away, so guests can quickly get to know the local neighborhood. The best accommodations in Vancouver come with a competitive price and plenty of perks.
There are over 200 restaurants within walking distance, and our helpful staff is happy to provide recommendations. Enjoy all that downtown Vancouver has to offer, from museums and galleries to boutiques and cafes. Guests that are looking for discovery and wonder during their stay can visit the nearby Vancouver Aquarium, Science World and Maritime Museum.
Guests at this Vancouver hotel will also delight in the charming natural surroundings, such as Stanley Park, English Bay, English Bay Beach, and Grouse Mountain. Looking for some retail therapy? Granville Island, Robson Street and Pacific Center are all a short distance from this Vancouver hotel.
Those on business are ensured that they can make the most of their trip, because the financial district, Saint Paul's Hospital and the Vancouver Convention Centre are all close by. You can also do business at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sands in one of our meeting rooms. Travel with ease while staying at this Vancouver hotel. Vancouver International Airport is just 15 kilometers away.
Enjoy well-appointed rooms complete with quality amenities and bedding. The warm, welcoming staff of our Vancouver hotel is happy to help guests plan a day filled with sightseeing and discovering the best local shopping and dining.
Book your upcoming stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sands today!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100 % smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Cocktail lounge
- Live Entertainment
- Dry sauna
- Exercise facility, open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff (English, French, German, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Portuguese, Spanish,
- Porterage/bell services
- Guest laundry nominal fee
- Express check out
- Safe deposit box, nominal fee daily
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, 24-hours, complimentary, wireless data connection, personal computer connection
- Fax services, nominal fee
- Computer available
- Audio/visual equipment
- Conference services
- Exhibit services
- Mail services
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Executive/club floors/VIP services, 5th floor premium rooms
- Sightseeing tours
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged $15 CAD fee
- Ice/vending machines
- Outdoor parking, $15 CAD fee
- Paid parking 15 CAD fee
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Overnight bag storage
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sands
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus sands in Vancouver.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sands
Conveniently located, the best western plus sands in Vancouver, British Columbia is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 49.286735 / Latitude: -123.141015
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The south. Take US Interstate 5 to Highway 99, follow 99 to 41st Avenue. Turn left on 41st Avenue to Granville Street. Turn Right on Granville, go across the bridge and turn left on Davie Street. Follow Davie Street to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sands.
From: The north. Take Highway 99 south and turn right on Taylor Way. Turn left on Marine Drive. Cross Lions Gate Bridge, and turn onto West Georgia. Turn right on Denman Street, then left on Davie Street to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sands.
From: The east. Take the Grandview Highway Exit to Granville Street. Turn right on Granville, go across the bridge. Turn left on Davie Street to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sands.
From: The west. Take Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal, follow Highway 17. Take exit to Highway 99 and go to 41st Avenue. Turn left on 41st Avenue, go to Granville Street. Turn right on Granville, go across the bridge. Turn left on Davie Street to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sands.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sands
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Golf enthusiasts in the Vancouver area, should take time to connect with the sport's rich history, while in the city. Schedule plenty of time to tour the BC Golf Museum, located adjacent to the University of British Columbia's 17th tee. This wonderful museum is housed in the University Golf Club clubhouse, the oldest surviving golf clubhouse in the province. Stroll through the museum to view the variety of exhibits.
Learn about the history of the sport from its beginnings in Europe to recent Canadian events. Browse the clubs display, books, bags display and golf memorabilia. The BC Golf House library features a wonderful collection of reference books. Before leaving, take a few moments to view the inductees in the Golf Hall of Fame British Columbia. Choose one of the local Best Western hotels, for an enjoyable night's rest in Vancouver.
The BC Sports Hall of Fame & Museum, located in central Vancouver showcases a wonderful collection of British Columbia sports artifacts, photographs, interactive exhibits, galleries and displays. Stroll through the 20,000 square foot museum to view exhibits in the 20 galleries and learn about Vancouver and British Columbia's sports history.
Visit the revitalized Hall of Fame to view the Paralympics Inspirations Celebration Gallery, in addition to the Hall of Fame inductees. The Artifact collection boasts of more than 21,000 pieces from the last 100 years. The extensive archival collection also offers a wealth of knowledge for those seeking additional information. Check into one of the several local Best Western hotels, to enjoy comfortable lodging and excellent guest services.
The Granville Island Public Market
A hotspot for tourism and entertainment, Granville Island is situated across False Creek from downtown Vancouver, British Columbia. Beneath the south end of the Granville Street Bridge, residents and visitors flock to the Island for shopping, art, and much more.
The Granville Island Public Market offers fifty permanent retailers – in addition to a farmers' market and over a hundred day-vendors – offering Vancouver-local produce, cottage-industry foods, and handmade crafts. Adding to the sights and sounds, street performers, artists, musicians, and magicians line the streets in front of the famous La Baguette Bakery.
Open throughout the year, the Lulu Island Winery is one of the largest wineries in Richmond – right in the middle of the Vancouver metropolitan area. Visitors are encouraged to take advantage of complimentary tastings of Lulu Island’s many popular wines, including table wines, fruit wines, and icewines all made on site.
Lulu Island Winery orders both grapes and berries from Okanagan Valley and Fraser Valley, bringing Richmond visitors the best British Columbia has to offer. Bring back some Lulu Island wines to a Best Western hotel in Richmond, Vancouver, or Burnaby – a short and scenic drive from Lulu Island Winery.
Recreational enthusiasts have plenty of reasons to visit North Vancouver. Popular activities include skiing and flying down a zipline at Grouse Mountain, mountain biking and hiking. Lynn Canyon Park, established in 1912, grew from twelve acres to 617-acres throughout the years, remaining one of the city's prominent parks. The park features numerous hiking trails, including the popular Baden-Powell Trail. Schedule plenty of time to explore this magnificent park.
Bring along your swimming suit for a dip in one of the park's swimming holes or relax under one of the 80 to 100 year-old trees, while enjoying a picnic lunch. Be sure to cross the 160-foot high Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge. Before leaving the park, visit the Lynn Canyon Ecology Centre to stroll through the natural history museum and view the interactive exhibits. There is plenty of outdoor fun to be had in the Vancouver area. Make yourself at home in one of the local Vancouver area Best Western hotels, to enjoy the comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
Located northeast of North Vancouver, the Lynn Headwaters Regional Park preserves a large swath of the old growth wilderness that sits just above the Vancouver metropolitan area. Popular with locals (this area isn't called the Enchanted Forest for no reason), the park features over 54 kilometres of hiking trails and a wealth of lookout points.
Open all year long, with varying hours throughout the seasons, the park also features reservable facilities such as the BC Mills house, dog friendly walks (though leashes are required), and a picnic area. Beyond the trailheads, however, are miles and miles of pure wilderness. Be sure to bring basic necessities and register your hiking plans beforehand.
Known by locals as one of the coolest shopping and eating districts in the city, the Mount Pleasant district offers eclectic shopping experiences catered to different tastes. Surrounded by a vibrant neighborhood and beautiful mountain views, roaming Mount Pleasant is one of the best ways to spend a day in Vancouver.
Located southeast of downtown Vancouver, Mount Pleasant and the affiliated Mount Pleasant Business Improvement Area represent over 350 local business where visitors can shop, eat, and play. There is something to do at all times of the day, including the Mount Pleasant self-guided walking tour exploring the district's working-class history and architecture. For night owls, don't miss the area's active nightlife culture.
Free to the public throughout the year, the Richmond Nature Park is must-do for those looking for outdoor adventure in Richmond and the Vancouver metropolitan area. A beautiful 200-acre spot of southern British Columbia, Richmond Nature Park has everything from an educational and interpretive Nature House to seven total kilometers of hiking trails.
Bird watchers, keep an eye out for hummingbirds in the spring, and owls and northern migratory birds in the fall at the Richmond Nature Park. See the natural side of Vancouver during your time in the city, and settle into to a Best Western hotel in Richmond, Vancouver, or Burnaby.
Enter a world where science is fun for all ages. Science World at Telus World of Science in Vancouver, is ready for your exploration. Since 1977, the Vancouver community has enjoyed hands-on science exhibits, from the efforts of Barbara Brink. At the completion of the 1986 World's Fair, the geodesic dome building used as the Expo Centre, became the home for Science World. After renovations and additions, this incredible center overlooking False Creek, opened in 1988.
Visit the center to see the Da Vinci - The Genius exhibit, watch one or more of the feature films in the Science Theater or enjoy a full-screen movie experience in the OMNIMAX Theatre. The exhibit galleries at Science World include, Bodyworks, Eureka, Kidspace, Our World, Search and Science News & Views.
Be sure to watch one of the amazing demonstrations at the Daily Centre Stage that occur throughout the day. Science World also hosts a variety of programs and events throughout the year for all ages. Schedule plenty of time to see and do it all. Stay close to this wonderful attraction, as a guest of Best Western hotels, where comfortable accommodations and excellent guest amenities await.
Located in the east end of Vancouver, Stanley Park is a top destination for urban dwellers and travelers alike. Covering 1,001 acres (or 400 hectares) on the east border of downtown Vancouver, the park preserves the West Coast rainforest as it once was from the late 1800's before the city's growth. Densely forested, Vancouver's largest urban park contains approximately half a million trees, some of which are still hundreds of years old.
Over 8 million people visit each year to this National Historic Site of Canada. Features include the noteworthy seawall, a 5.5 mile (or 8.8 kilometre) walkway around the park open to bicyclists and pedestrians and the Stanley Park miniature train. Many hiking trails cross the park, and there are plenty of lookout spots with views of the surrounding Pacific Ocean. For more comfortable exploration, visitors can catch one of the bus, shuttle or horse drawn carriage tours.
One of Vancouver's best little-known secrets, the Thomas Haas Fine Chocolates and Patisserie crafts delicious chocolates, macaroons, confections and cakes. Customers also enjoy the cafe's variety of desserts, sandwiches, and breakfast pastries. If you choose to eat inside, portholes offer viewers the chance to see pastry chefs in action creating their exquisite plates.
Both stores (one in Kitsilano, the other on the North Shore in North Vancouver) are open Tuesday through Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. However, the company is not just limited to retail. Catering, wholesale, and corporate gift options are also available to chocolate-loving clients in British Columbia.
While in the vibrant city of Vancouver, enjoy a tour of the 993-acre University of British Columbia campus, located six miles west of downtown. This public research university continues its research education in a variety of research centres, including the UBC Farm. This twenty-four acre farm on the university's south campus, is maintained by the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems. Enjoy a tour of this "living laboratory" to see the crop fields, orchards and perennials.
University students study innovative sustainability, as active stewards of the farm land, with a focus on community service. Local Vancouver residents have the opportunity to participate in the farm's Growing Season Workshop Series, that include cooking classes, plant breeding and cheese making workshops. Visit the farm between June and October, on Saturdays, for the Farm Markets where a variety of local produce, flowers and baked goods are on sale. While in town, check into one of the local Best Western hotels for comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
While in the British Columbia coastal city of Vancouver, take a break for a round of golf. Visit the beautiful University of British Columbia Golf Club, a non-member golf club, located west of downtown Vancouver. Before hitting the tees, begin your day at the year-round driving range, to practice your swing. With twenty covered stalls and thirty uncovered mats in the grass, there are plenty of spots available.
Once ready for action, begin the fun on the 18-hole par-72 golf course, among the University Endowment Lands' forests. Take your time sizing up the narrow fairways, while avoiding the old growth trees throughout the course. Take a lunch break in the Westward Ho! Public House and Grill Room, for a delicious meal, snack or your favorite beverage. Stroll through the BC Golf Museum before leaving the course. Stay close the university, in a comfortable Best Western guest room and make the most of your time in the city.
Handling over 17 million passengers per year, Vancouver International Airport (YVR) serves the Vancouver, British Columbia region. Owned by Transport Canada and operated by the Vancouver Aiport Authority, YVR has three terminal buildings, three runways and three helipads.
Canada's second busiest airport, YVR is a hub for Air Canada and Air Transat. YVR serves as a gateway to Asia with scheduled flights by a large number of major airlines like American Airlines, British Airways, Japan Air, Air China, Korean Air, United Airlines and Delta Airlines.
Drawing an annual average of over 150,000 movie buffs, Vancouver International Film Festival is held in venues across Vancouver, British Columbia. Hosted by Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society, the event is one of the five largest film festivals in North America.
Vancouver International Film Centre is the primary venue for the Festival, for which administrators of the event also manage year-round programming. Popular films showcased at previous years’ Festivals include Michael Moore’s Bowling For Columbine and Gwen Haworth’s She’s a Boy I Knew.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.25 kilometer(s) from Vancouver Aquarium
- 2.75 kilometer(s) from Vancouver Opera
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Vancouver Art Gallery
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Maritime Museum
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Vancouver Museum
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Queen Elizabeth Theatre
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Vancouver Cruise Terminal
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Macmillan Planetarium
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Yaletown
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Roger Arena & BC Place, catch the NHL's Vancouver Canucks and the British Columbia Lions
- 4.00 kilometer(s) from Gastown, a designated historic site hosting the world's first steam clock.
- 4.00 kilometer(s) from Vancouver Police Museum
- 4.50 kilometer(s) from Science World
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from China Town
- 6.00 kilometer(s) from Hastings Park Racecourse
- 6.00 kilometer(s) from Queen Elizabeth Park
- 7.00 kilometer(s) from National Bailey Stadium
- 7.00 kilometer(s) from Van Dusen Gardens
- 8.00 kilometer(s) from Capilano Suspension Bridge
- 8.00 kilometer(s) from Ballantyne Cruise Terminal
- 9.00 kilometer(s) from Pacific National Exhibitition
- 13.50 kilometer(s) from Museum of Anthropology
- 0.06 kilometer(s) from Robson Street
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Granville Island
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Pacific Center Mall
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Commercial Drive
- 5.00 kilometer(s) from Punjabi Market, Main St. between 41st and 70th Ave.
- 6.00 kilometer(s) from Vancouvers Main Street, numerous antique stores
- 15.00 kilometer(s) from Metrotown Center
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 15.00 kilometer(s) from Richmond
- 15.00 kilometer(s) from Burnaby
- 20.00 kilometer(s) from Coquitlam
- 100 kilometer(s) from Whistler
- 100 kilometer(s) from Victoria
- 0.02 kilometer(s) from Royal Bank
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from TD Bank
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from St. Paul's Hospital
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Molson Canada, brewery
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Vancouver General Hospital
- 3.00 kilometer(s) from Convention center
- 11.00 kilometer(s) from University of British Columbia
- 20.00 kilometer(s) from BCIT
- 20.00 kilometer(s) from Simon Fraser University, Burnaby campus
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Dry sauna
- Sightseeing tours
- 0.02 kilometer(s) from Ocean Kayaking
- 0.03 kilometer(s) from Biking
- 0.03 kilometer(s) from Stanley Park
- 0.08 kilometer(s) from Bicycle Rentals
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Vancouver Aquatic Centre
- 6.50 kilometer(s) from Golfing
- 7.00 kilometer(s) from Ambleside Beach, quiet beach, dog friendly
- 9.00 kilometer(s) from Lacarno Beach, family beach
- 9.50 kilometer(s) from Playland Amusement Park, exhibitions, concerts and more.
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Langara Golf Course
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Grouse Mountain
- 14.00 kilometer(s) from Cypress Mountain Ski Hill
- 20.00 kilometer(s) from Mount Seymour Ski Hills
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this Vancouver, British Columbia hotel.
- The Park at English Bay, on premises, full service, International, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner. The Park is dedicated to providing the best British Columbia has to offer fresh meats, sustainable seafood, and locally sourced produce has been coupled with an evolving beer program showcasing the best of craft brewing from Vancouver, Vancouver Island and beyond the West Coast. Whether you are meeting friends, celebrating a milestone, or sharing an intimate night with a new flame, The Park has something for everybody. Offering full breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night snacks and weekend brunch.
- Adjacent to Bayside Lounge, bar/lounge, Pacific Rim, open for: lunch, dinner, is one of the west end's coolest and sleekest nightspots. Chill out with nightly drink specials, DJs and a stunning view of English Bay. Serving lunch and dinner daily. BC Liquor Laws Require Patrons of the Bayside Lounge to be of legal age to enter.
- Across the street from Raincity Grill, full service, Pacific Rim, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, fresh, local ingredients sourced within 100 Kilometers of the restaurant. True west coast cuisine in a fantastic setting.
- 0.01 kilometer(s) from Mac's Convenience Stores, snack bar, American, open for: lunch, confectionery store
- 0.01 kilometer(s) from Boathouse, full service, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.01 kilometer(s) from Milestones, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.02 kilometer(s) from Tanpopo, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner, all you-can-eat sushi.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sands
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Vancouver. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
The Sinatra-style crooner brings his smooth voice to Rogers Arena in Vancouver. The serenade begins at 8 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean